Your dog may lick you, cuddle up with you, and even play with you whenever you want, but it’s up to you to identify when dry and itchy skin is bothering him. All you might see is your dog chasing its tail, and think he/she is just playing, but your pal might actually be experiencing some discomfort. There are few things you can watch out for to help keep your furry pals’ skin clean, and itch-free. An anti-itch dog shampoo can help relieve your doggy’s itchy skin, and ours also makes their cuddly fur shine.
Here are 5 signs that you need to invest in an anti-itch shampoo for your dog:
- Fleas – Dogs can get fleas from many sources, the most common being from other animals, if they come close enough. The naked eye can only see adult fleas, they hide within the fur and leave their trail of dirt behind. This dirt is black or reddish-brown and is the faeces of the fleas. So, it’s important that you keep an eye out for any unusual itching and scratching, as it might suggest that your dog has been infested by fleas.
- Ear mites – Look out for any red-brown crusts on the outer ear, or coffee ground like bumps in the ear canal, as they are mostly ear mites. Ear mites are tiny mites that cannot be seen by the naked eye, but they find their way to the ear canal and cause itchiness. These can also be transferred from one animal to another. Although this may not be cured by an anti-itch shampoo, it might certainly help in preventing the spread to the ear, if the mites travel from the hair or skin.
- Lice and ticks – These are very easy to identify, as they can be spotted directly on your dog’s fur. They are also a fairly common problem with pets and can be easily combated with regular grooming.
- Seborrhea – This is another skin condition, and it’s easily diagnosed by inspecting your dog’s skin, which gets flaky and oily. This is very common and causes a dog to emit a foul odour because of the build-up of oil. Although anti-itch shampoos won’t solve the problem immediately, it is a great long-term precautionary measure; after all, prevention is better than cure.
- Other threats – Pollen affects dogs in a different way, it falls on their fur (or skin), and causes them to itch and scratch themselves. Open wounds or cuts can cause bacterial infections- it’s both itchy and dangerous, so look out for any unusual scratching habits.
What to do if your dog has fleas
All the above mentioned are very common problems that are faced by dogs, and the good news is that they can all be taken care of with a good shampoo. Most vets suggest that the best anti-itch dog shampoos are the ones which contain more natural active and lesser chemicals or synthetic compounds. Capt. Zack’s ‘Barking Up The Tea Tree’ is an amazing anti-itch shampoo for dogs, made with almost all natural actives and nothing that can cause harm. The shampoo is anti-irritant, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, as well as antiseptic. This helps dogs with the common causes of itchiness mentioned above. In addition to this, it also helps them maintain a healthy shine on their fur by moisturising it well and cutting down on excessive shedding. Capt. Zack’s ‘Barking Up The Tea Tree’ is surely a strong contender for the best anti-itch dog shampoo online made with the best natural actives to help take care of your furry pal. The ingredients in the shampoo are great for your dog’s skin, and have various benefits as well.
Get your dog the comfort he/she deserves!
Every pet owner only wants the best and safest products for their loved ones. An anti-itch dog shampoo is a very important product when it comes to your pet’s grooming and hygiene. Knowing the signs to look out for is a huge advantage, as it will allow you to tackle the problem at an early stage and prevent any aggravation or further complications from arising. Your furball is now in safer hands and is ready to be played with now that its itch free!!